Ferdinand is an upcoming American 3D computer-animated comedy - drama film produced by Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox Animation and directed by Carlos Saldanha and It stars John Cena and Kate McKinnon.
The film is scheduled for release on December 15, 2017, by 20th Century Fox.
Situated in Spain, Ferdinand is a that after a mess ends up being removed from his family.
On the farm that happens to be his home, he makes friends and lives with the fear of being forced to participate in bullfights, but at any moment he stops thinking about ways to return to his best friend, Nina.
- John Cena as Ferdinand the Bull
- Kate McKinnon as Lupe, an old goat
- Anthony Anderson as Bones, a bull
- Bobby Cannavale as Valiente, a bull
- Peyton Manning as Guapo, a bull
- David Tennant as Angus, a Scottish bull, originally from Scotland
- Gina Rodriguez as Una, a hedgehog
- Daveed Diggs as Dos, a hedgehog
- Gabriel Iglesias as Cuatro, a hedgehog
- Miguel Ángel Silvestre as El Primero, a matador
- Flula Borg as Hans, a horse
- Boris Kodjoe as Klaus, a horse
- Sally Phillips as Greta, a horse
- Jerrod Carmichael as Paco, a dog
- Karla Martínez as Isabella
- Raúl Esparza as Moreno
- Lily Day as Nina, the original owner of Ferdinand and Paco.
- Juanes as Juan
- Paul Feig
In 2011, it was reported that 20th Century Fox acquired the rights to the story to adapt it into a CGI feature film with Carlos Saldanha attached to direct it.
It will be released on December 15, 2017, opening against Star Wars - Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.
The third trailer release on September 20, 2017 in front of The Lego Ninjago Movie.
The third trailer release for Latin america on November 21, 2017.
Ferdinand will be original release December 22 2017 movie was pushed back December 15 2017
- This is the first Blue Sky Studios film to have John Cena voice a character.
- Ferdinand is the third Blue Sky Studios film in which the main character begins at a young age (the first was Robots and Rio).
- It is the fifth film from Blue Sky to be directed by Carlos Saldanha, after Ice Age: The Meltdown, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Rio, and Rio 2.
- It is the third Blue Sky film to be based on a book, after Horton Hears a Who! and Epic.
- It is the eighth film from Blue Sky to attain a PG rating, after Ice Age, Robots, Ice Age: The Meltdown, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Rio, Ice Age: Continental Drift, Epic, and Ice Age: Collision Course.